Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mothers Day II

I'm still not entirely comfortable with formatting this blog but fortunately DS#2 Sean (a Computer Science major) is around now to give me some pointers. I now know how to move the photos around.

DS #1 Brian was happy with his recent birthday gift-a bizarre hoodie that zips all the way up over the face. I whipped it up on the standard gauge machine using a Mary Ann Oger raglan pattern with acrylic yarn (Symphony) from my stash. It is my first attempt at sewing a zipper on a knitted garment with the sewing machine. I just hope that he doesn't try to rob a bank!

It's nice to have fellow knitters push you to try new things. My friend Shirley wanted me to help her learn how to do Entrelac so we basically started a "Market Squares Tote" knit- along. I was able to knit it entirely out of stash Cascade 220 and Patons wool from Michaels. Here it is before felting:



And after:


I love the way the colors blend together and how irregularities in the knitting disappear!

No comments: